We all have our morning rituals. Some begin with coffee, pastry and, God forbid, a cigarette. I guess it kick-starts their engines — while at the same time sending blood sugar/insulin levels through the roof and coating their lungs with gunk. I hope you aren’t one of them.
Patty and I have a cup of coffee, at about 5:30 or 6 a.m., and right afterward we have the almost perfect starter, a breakfast shake made with the following (for two people):
- 3-heaping tablespoons of freshly ground flaxseeds.
- 2-tablespoons of nonfat yogurt containing live friendly bacteria (and no added sweeteners).
- 2-scoops of whey protein powder (40 grams).
- 2-cups of fresh or frozen mixed berries (no added sweeteners).
- 3-cups of plain soy milk (no added sweeteners).
Blend, drink, and take a . . .
- Quality multiple vitamin/mineral supplement.
- Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSN tablet.
- Garlic tablet.
Highly recommended. Maybe you’ll try it. You might also consider pharmaceutical grade fish oil. We don’t take it because we eat quite a bit of salmon, flaxseeds, and walnuts. Ask your doctor.