Sunday, December 04, 2005

Beginning

I have been writing the Gray Iron Fitness Newsletter for several years now. This is my first entry in the new Blog.

If this were a big company, I would have subscriber demographics at hand to guide me in deciding what is important to you. The Gray Iron Fitness office consists of me at my computer, along with some help from Patty (a.k.a. Mrs. Gray Iron), who also keeps herself busy as a classroom teacher in a middle school. Those aren’t complaints, mind you. At our stage in life (seniors), we kind of like things the way they are.

Demographics or not, I do have some reasonable assumptions about you. The number one assumption, or course, is that you take seriously your strength, physical fitness and health. Most of you are at mid-life or more.

Without much more to go on than that, I simply convey what I have learned about staying strong, fit and healthy while growing older. I draw on personal experience as well as sources that I consider legitimate and reliable. I try to filter out the nonsense and hyperbole that surround the subject.

The web site (http://www.grayironfitness.com/) and the Gray Iron Fitness Newsletter have been successful. Let's see how it goes with the blog. Your questions, suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

No comments: