The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests keeping a Health Journal to be shared with your doctor and to help keep track of things that may make you sick. The journal, according to the academy, should include the following:
• Any illness or injury you've sustained.
• Any hospitalizations or surgeries.
• Any symptoms or allergies that you've had.
• OTC medications, prescription medications, supplements and vitamins that you take, including the dosage and how often you take them.
• Any diseases, conditions or illnesses that run in your family.
Gray Iron agrees wholeheartedly with the suggestions, of course, but would add a couple of things for those of us living the fitness lifestyle.
Keep a record of the lab test results from your last physical and of course know your blood pressure readings.
Your journal doesn’t need to be fancy or time consuming. Keep it simple but update it as things occur.
Read more about the recommendations here.