Monday, April 03, 2006

Flab to Fab


One of my BEST friends in the whole world is Rebecca. She is 45 years old and has 3 children. When I met Rebecca it was the summer of 1989. I remember her brilliant green eyes and an enviable 6 pack abs! Well, 3 kids and some rocky roads in her marriage packed on the pounds. When I left California 8 months ago, Rebecca was over 200 pounds. She had done Body-For-Life, Atkins, Carb Addicts and I don't know what else. She had some results but the weight would always return. LOOK at her now! She has lost 70+ pounds and had gone from a size 16 to 4 in 6 months! I would not have believed it myself until I saw her just 3 weeks ago. In a word, AMAZING!
How did she do it? Food Addicts Anonymous. I won't pretend to know how this program works, except to say that there is no sugar (that includes alcohol) and no wheat. It is very disciplined, a 12 step program, sponsors and meetings. She is happy with this eating plan, feels satiated, gets lots of support and is a size 4!!!!
Here's to you Rebecca. I love you...you go Girl!!!!

No comments: